How to Make Easy Fondant Sugar Glue -->

Menu Atas

Recent Posts

IKLAN RENPONSIF

How to Make Easy Fondant Sugar Glue

Monday, September 2, 2019

I have shared this before, but the post is not widely read so I thought I would share again How to Make Fondant Sugar Glue.


I used to use water or "Tylo glue" (Tylose mixed with water to form glue). The problem is, you have to be very careful with water because if you use too much and it drips or flows into your cake, it makes a mess in the rush!

Tylose glue really works well - but the glue is not ready in an instant. It's best to mix and let it sit (and sort of "freezes") overnight in the frig. It's not always practical for us super smart decorators don't always think that far.

But recently, I started doing some new things that I like far better!

When I can get away from it (when the decoration is flat), I rub the entire surface of my cake by shortening and applying fondant to the fondant. A good example is Rainbow Chevron Cake at the top! All the lines are attached to the cake by shortening itself and it works well! I also use shortening most of the time now to enter one letter. I can move them without damaging anything if I find that I put the name outside or too high or low!

How to Make Easy Fondant Sugar Glue

However, today I share my latest and most favorite method ... melting fondant marshmallows with a little water! I learned this trick from CorrieCakes on Facebook and it was the perfect and easy glue for all fondant decorations.

It only takes a few seconds to make it and if you decorate it with mmf, you have everything you need to make this "glue". It's thicker than water, doesn't "run" easily and well ... it's just a great solution!

Look at the picture there ... You just take a small fondant ball, place it on a microwave glass plate with a little water (less than one teaspoon) and microwave it for 15-20 seconds. You will get sticky and perfect sweet glue !!

If it's too thick, add a little water, microwave it for a few more seconds, stir and keep it! If it's too runny, you can make it more microwave to thicken it (just be careful ... the small glass bowl becomes very, VERY hot!).

4 Ways to Stick Fondant Decorating to Rose Bakes Cake

Need more ideas like this? See my post here: 4 Ways to Paste Fondant Decorations into Cakes!

And that is it !! Any question?

PS. If you haven't subscribed to my blog, right? You can register here to get my free email update and then you will never miss a cake or dessert or transaction or other unique thing that I choose to send here! :)

Source of : https://rosebakes.com/make-fondant-sugar-glue/